Sunday, October 1, 2017

Who is that Person next to you?

While ordering my vanilla latte at my local coffee shop I started talking to my favorite barista - Brad. He knows my drink, yells hello to me when I walk in and makes my latte to perfection. He's used to seeing me shamble in most mornings in yoga pants or something equally enticing haha. But this morning I was gussied up and he noticed. Related image Brad - "You look terrific, Miss Jax, why are you all dressed up?" Me - "I just came came from doing a TV interview at WWL. Had to get there early." Brad - "What was the interview for?" Me - "Well believe it or not, I set a World's Record last week" I always feel weird saying this - like I'm talking about somebody else. I went on to explain about the World's Record for Painting and he looked completely surprised. Brad - "What?! You know we see people everyday and we have no idea of who we are talking to." Me - "That's right. For instance I don't know anything about you except that you make a great latte. Now you tell me something about you." Brad, smiling shyly, " Well OK - I'm actually a Drag Queen. Me - "What? Really?" Brad- "Yep. I'm putting together a new act right now. I studied piano in college and I'm putting together a piano act wherein I play and act." He pulled out his phone and showed me his pictures. Me - "That's pretty amazing! And now that you've said it - I can see it - you've got a really great face, pretty eyes and adorable dimples. Now where can I come see you?" Brad - "I'm all over right now but when I get the act together, I'll let you know when you come in for another latte." I was thrilled because I loved his story. My barista has this completely wonderful other life outside of just serving me my morning addiction. Note to self - you don't know who's standing next to you in this city - or what their story is. Ask and be astounded more often.
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

A blog by Jax Frey, an artist who loves, paints and lives all things New Orleans and writes about life's adventures - artistic and otherwise! I

No comments:

Post a Comment

author

Mama Jax from New Orleans, LA.
Jax Frey is an artist who creates bold, colorful, super-textured paintings of all things New Orleans. Look for Jax's line of New Orleans mini paintings, her favorite painting series of New Orleans women called the Gumbeaux Sistahs (I love those chicks!) and other favorite Jax products on her website - www.artbyjax.com I hope you enjoy your visit here and your comments make my day!

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!